How We Can Help
Beginning the Process
Process for Pet Families
Creating a Device
Clinical Solutions to Pet Problems
Following is a brief summary of our simple process for having a leg brace designed and built by My Pet's brace.
Diagnosis- our process starts with the pet family obtaining a veterinarian's diagnosis indicating the dog's injury and the type of device needed.
Cast- after obtaining a diagnosis, an appointment is made to have a fiberglass cast made of the pet's leg.
- If convenient, the cast can be taken at the My Pet's Brace clinic in Morgantown, Pennsylvania or in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- If you can't visit one of our clinics, the cast would be taken by your veterinary professional and shipped to our fabrication center also in Morgantown. It is very important to ask your vet to read our casting instructions and watch the casting training video that explains the casting technique. If your local veterinarian is not comfortable taking the cast and you do not live near one of our facilities, please contact one of the professionals list on our Local Casting and Fitting Facilities page. A casting kit can be ordered if needed.
Fabrication- all of our braces and other devices are fabricated in Morgantown, PA. It takes two weeks or less after we receive the cast to make a leg brace or other device. We will ship the completed brace to the pet family or the veterinary professional as requested.
Delivery- After fabrication, a second appointment is scheduled with the pet family for the fitting and delivery of the device. Any modifications or adjustments necessary for an ideal fit are made at this time.
- If convenient, the fitting and delivery can be performed at the My Pet's Brace clinic in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia or in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- If you can't visit one of our clinics, the pet should be taken to his or her veterinary professional for the fitting and delivery.
Follow-up and Support- My Pet's Brace practitioners will work with the veterinary professionals and the pet families to provide guidance and answer any questions. All of our leg braces for dogs come with written instructions for properly fitting the brace or prosthesis and for helping the pet learn to walk with the new device. The warranty and instructions for the care, use and initial break-in period (compliance) of the device are also included.
Payment- because our leg braces and prosthetics are custom made and will properly fit only one patient, we request complete payment before fabrication can begin.
- If the client is working directly with My Pet's Brace at our clinic, payment will be made directly to My Pet's Brace after the casting has taken place.
- If a veterinary professional made the cast, payment for the device can be made to either the veterinary professional or to My Pet's Brace as agreed to by the veterinary professional and the client. Payment takes place after we have received and evaluated the cast.